Learn how to To Publish your own plans to BluVue Plans on the web using Advanced Publish options.
For using BluVue Plan's Quick Publishing feature on the web, click here.
Summary of Advanced Publish steps:
- Sign in to BluVue using a web browser
- Tap yellow Add Project button in upper right
- Name the project and upload your plan files
- Once you receive email that your files are processed, Publish them on the Add Sheets page
- Review the name of each sheet, choose a folder, and add tags to sheets
- Finish by tapping on the Publish button at the bottom of the final screen.
Uploading your plans:
In BluVue, each project can have a combination of drawings, specifications, inspection sheets, reports, and other documents.
To create your own project, first log in to your BluVue account using a desktop computer - Click here to login.
Tap the “Add Project” button at the top right of the screen.
After clicking the button a pop up will appear that lets you name your new project and choose if you would like to use default permissions. Default permissions are for all users to be able to view the plan and for the power user group to have editor permissions. If you choose to not assign default permissions, only you will be able to view and edit your project.
On the next page tap "Click to Continue."
Next, you will upload your PDF plans. You can upload them from your local hard drive or one of the supported document storage platforms, like Dropbox, Box, or Egnyte. Select your files then click the "Upload" button.
After clicking upload, you'll be given a chance to review what you are uploading before processing. If you would like to remove a PDF before uploading, click the checkbox next to the PDF and then click the remove selected button.
To continue uploading your plans, click the "Start Processing" button.
While your plans are processing you can monitor their progress in the progress queue. We will also email you when you plans have finished processing. As the size of your set of plans increases the time it takes to process also increases.
Once your plans are processed, you need to review them before publishing them to your project. In the Review and Publish section, select a folder and version for your plans then click "Review All."
The final step before publishing your plans is reviewing them.
Your first option is to choose how you would like the sheets of your plan named. You can choose:
- Autoname Using OCR - an OCR engine will read your sheets and try to identify the sheet names
- Auto Increment - Your sheets will be incrementally named starting with 00001
- Filename + Auto Increment - Your sheets will be incrementally named starting with their file name.
Next to the rotation buttons, you can choose which corner of the plans displays in the thumbnail previews. To change the corner that displays, click the drop down and choose a different corner.
As you scroll down the page, you can preview each of the sheets you are adding to your project. While previewing each sheet you can:
- Click "View" to preview the full sheet
- Click the arrows to rotate the sheet
- Click the "Delete" button to remove the sheet
- Add tags to group sheets
- Click "Choose Sheet..." to select a prior version of the sheet that the new sheet replaces.
As you scroll down and preview your sheets, we suggest verifying each of the sheet names visually prior to publishing as a quality assurance step.
In the future, when you have replacement (revised) sheets, as long as you name the sheets with the same scheme and accuracy, BluVue will be able to automatically find and suggest the sheet to replace. This will save you a lot of time and ensure your projects are always up to date.
When you have completed checking the names of all sheets, assigned folders and tags, you can click "Publish to BluVue App" button at the bottom of the screen.
A pop up window will confirm your upload. Click the "Publish to BluVue App" button and the sheets will be added to your project.