Watch this video or check out the step-by-step guide below.
All measuring starts with creating a calibrated distance on your sheet of interest. Follow steps 1-3 below to calibrate your sheet. Then proceed based on your need for determining length, perimeter, or area.
Measuring length is as simple as selecting the Ruler icon and dragging it between two points on the sheet. Any enclosed shape can also have it's perimeter measured using the dialog box options shown for Area, below.
There are several options we can use to measure an area on a sheet, here we cover using the box tool and polygon tool. Other tools to measure area are Freeform and Oval tools. Click here for descriptions of the tools in the tool bar.
Creating the Calibration:
1. Use the "Calibration" tool on the bottom tool bar, which is in the ruler drawer, to drag the line and set scale for the sheet (let's say point A to B is 6 feet)
2. From this dialog box we can also define the unit of measure, we'll stick with feet for this example.
3. Press the "set" button and now we have a calibration line.
4. Next select the "Rectangle tool" from the "Circle tool drawer" and draw a rectangle around the area you want to measure. Once the box is drawn tap inside the box to select it. There should be a dotted line around the box you just created, indicating that it is editable.
5. When the box is editable we get the annotation tool bar, a menu at the bottom of the screen to copy, delete, measure the length around the box or the area of the box. Tap the ruler at the bottom of the screen then you will get a popup message to select if you want to display length, area, or volume and the units. Tap the toggle next to length, area, or volume to display the measurement. For a volume measurement you have to include volume dimension.
Polygon tool for measurements:
1. Follow steps 1-4 above to get a calibration line.
2. Then we will select the "Polygon" tool from the "Circle tool drawer."
3. Tap where you want the corners to be. Once you have the shape outlined double tap to stop adding more corners. Then tap inside the polygon to select it.
4. When the polygon is selected we get the annotation tool bar menu. Again we tap the "Ruler" to measure the length around the polygon, then select the length option. The length will then be displayed automatically based on the scale we created earlier. The units can also be changed by selecting the "Convert Units" button.