Main Markup Toolbar (black):
On the bottom of the screen, there is a toolbar with a variety of tools to do markups.
1. Lasso tool: This tool is used to select multiple annotations, either to modify or delete instead of selecting one by one.
2. Circle tool drawer: The circle too drawer contains several selections tools
- Callout: The callout tool allows a user to manually create a callout type annotation.
- Freeform: The free form tool allows a user to draw a free formed enclosure.
- Polygon tool: The polygon tool is handy to mark areas and in conjunction with the ruler tool can be used to measure areas or lengths on a sheet.
- Cloud tool: You can use the cloud tool to highlight any changes and revisions in the sheet.
- Box tool: You can draw a box, drag or pinch to enlarge and shrink the box.
- Circle tool: You can draw a circle, drag or pinch to enlarge and shrink the box.
3. Line tool drawer: The line tool drawer contains the following tools
- X tool: This tool can be used to mark or strike out content on sheets.
- Arrow tool: This tool is similar to the line tool except it has an arrow that will point in the direction you wish it to
- Line tool: You can use this tool to draw straight lines on the plan.
4. Pen tool drawer: you can use this tool to write on the sheet.
- Highlighter: Use this tool to highlight areas on a sheet.
- Pen tool: Use this tool to write freehand, or draw a line on a sheet.
5. Ruler tool drawer: This tool can be used to measure a certain portion of sheet.
- Calibration: Use this feature to drag and define a scale that can be used for calculating lengths and areas of other annotations.
- Ruler tool: This tool can be used to measure a certain portion of sheet.
6. Text tool: The text tool can be used to put a text box in a portion of the sheet and use the keyboard to type text; there is an option to change the size of the text as well as the color.
7. First class attachment: Use this tool to attach a photo, video, audio file or other file directly to a sheet without making an annotation first. You can either attach an existing file or choose to capture a new one.
- Photos: Use the image icon to place a photo on your sheet without having to make an annotation first.
- Video: Use this video camera icon to place a video on your sheet without having to make an annotation first.
- Audio: Use the music note icon to attach an audio recording directly to your sheet.
8. Hide tool bar: pressing the down arrow on the far right side of the tool bar will hide it, in order to maximize sheet viewing area.
Annotation Toolbar (white):
Once an annotation is made it can be selected by taping on it. Once selected the you will be provided with the annotation options:
- Measurement tool: On the first use you will be prompted to make a calibration on the sheet if one does not already exist. There are two options in this menu.
- You can choose to display the length, area and/or volume of the selected annotation(s).
- Links tool: Use the links feature add a link from an annotation to a different sheet in any project you have downloaded or to a URL.
- Attachment tool: Use this feature to attach photos, audio or video recordings, and documents.
- Fill tool: This tool can be used to shade in the shapes with a lighter color of the outline.
- Layers: If you are an admin you can use this menu to choose if only you can see the selected annotation (personal), or if everyone on the project can see the annotation (master).
- Info: This button will allow you to see the name of the user that created the selected annotation and when it was created. As an addition if the sheet is calibrated it will also display the area of the selected annotation.
- Trash tool: Annotations and markings on the sheet can be deleted using this tool.
- Color selection: Annotations can be made in various colors. This tool will allow you to choose the color.